am I really a snob?

According to this online quiz, I apparently am. Well, of sorts:

Reader Quiz.jpg

Take the quiz and report back. It would be an interesting exercise in the demographics of my readership (assuming I have one). And remember: there are no wrong answers. Only ignorant ones. Did that sound snobby?

9 Comments Add yours

1. R. Mansfield says:

I rated a self-obsessed bookworm, and the description is chillingly accurate. I\’ll have to post this on my blog now.

By the way, the links in your comments field have been tied to the quiz. It took me four or five tries (I finally tabbed from the URL line) just to enter this comment without being directed back to the quiz again.

2. patrick fitz says:

I’m a Literate Good Citizen!!!!

3. TheKidd says:

Mr. Fitz and I are of one and the same.

4. R. Mansfield says:

Whoops–was that a Freudian slip above. Actually, I rated an “obsessive compulsive” bookworm, not a self-obsessed bookworm, but maybe it’s who you ask.

By the way, in thinking about the quiz, I think it only uses the term “obsessive compulsive” if you carry books with you all the time like I do. But who wants to sit in a doctor’s office reading last year’s magazines, right? It’s just always made sense to me to have books with me for any downtime.

5. Russ says:

Take heart Paul, for I am apparently a snob as well. This was a surprise for me; I thought for sure that question #6 would make me a “book novice” or the like.

6. Ben says:

I am a book snob, and as such, I will not comment any further on plebian web sites like this.

Ben

7. Kevin says:

Im a letrat gud setason. Eye ant shur ets acurate thow.

Kaven

8. MarieP says:

What Kind of Reader Are You?
    Your Result: Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm

You’re probably in the final stages of a Ph.D. or otherwise finding a way to make your living out of reading. You are one of the literati. Other people’s grammatical mistakes make you insane.

OK, I’m scared now. How did it know…